st: AW: FW: Transformation of SE

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: FW: Transformation of SE
Date   Wed, 1 Apr 2009 10:04:24 +0200

Take a look at

help predictnl

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Loncar, Dejan
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 1. April 2009 10:01
Betreff: st: FW: Transformation of SE

Dear All,

 I run regression and used a log transformation to normalize the
distribution of variables and meet other regression assumptions.

I got predicted values that I need to transform (antilog) using Duan's
Smearing Retransformation and stdp standard error of the linear
prediction xb which a I would use eventually to calculate ub and lb.

reg lnX lnY lnZ
predict yhatraw
predict SE, stdp
gen YHTSMEAR=(exp(yhatraw))*meanres

My question is what to do with SE. How can I transform it after I do
antilog of predicted values using Duan's Smearing Retransformation?

Thank you in advance