Statalist

st: AW: FW: Transformation of SE

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: AW: FW: Transformation of SE
Date   Wed, 1 Apr 2009 10:04:24 +0200

<>

Take a look at

*************
help predictnl
*************

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] Im Auftrag von Loncar, Dejan
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 1. April 2009 10:01
An: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Betreff: st: FW: Transformation of SE

Dear All,

 I run regression and used a log transformation to normalize the
distribution of variables and meet other regression assumptions.

I got predicted values that I need to transform (antilog) using Duan's
Smearing Retransformation and stdp standard error of the linear
prediction xb which a I would use eventually to calculate ub and lb.

reg lnX lnY lnZ
predict yhatraw
predict SE, stdp
gen YHTSMEAR=(exp(yhatraw))*meanres

My question is what to do with SE. How can I transform it after I do
antilog of predicted values using Duan's Smearing Retransformation?

Thank you in advance

Dejan