st: Re: status of upgraded venndiag

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: status of upgraded venndiag
Date   Tue, 31 Mar 2009 23:48:24 +0200

Seems like the upgrade never happened: -findit venndiag- gives me

. which venndiag
*! Venn Diagram graphs V 2.13 JM.Lauritsen  (STB-xx: gr34.4)
*! v 2.13 correction of clear versus drop _all for Stata8
*! v 2.12 correction related to tempfile
*! dec1999 enhanced design (Stata 6 STB54, gr34.3 v2.11)
*!        (Martin Villumsen sorted out mathematics on ellipses)
*! STB-47/48/49 gr34.2 (stata 5)
*** does not have a newer
version, either. The site you wanted to -net from- no longer exists. (At
least that is what the Danish text seems to say when you paste the URL into
a browser)

The example code draws weird-looking diagrams...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bryan Sayer" <>
To: <>
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 11:14 PM
Subject: st: status of upgraded venndiag

Does anyone know a status of this from Jens Lauritsen dated Sun, 25 Nov 2007 19:52:30 +0100 (I e-mailed Jens, but got no reply, and the link he provides here does not work):

Kingsley requested to draw venn diagram (circle) in stata 9 but no graph came

The problem is that the version of venndiag.ado which works with Stata9 (+ 10) was only available from me directly. I have uploaded a copy which you can get by: net describe venndiag, from(

Should work in Stata 9 and 10.

By the way, quite interesting that the Venn diagrams stems from logic published by Venn around 1850.

I should get the updated version sent to the archives and Stata J.

Jens Lauritsen
Odense, Denmark, Author of Venndiag routine
Bryan Sayer
Health Data Systems and Analysis (HDSA) Center
Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 5:00
Phone: (614) 442-7369
FAX:  (614) 442-7329