st: Simultanious Tobit Model with endogenous tobit regressor

From   Sachin Chintawar <>
Subject   st: Simultanious Tobit Model with endogenous tobit regressor
Date   Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:37:42 -0600

Dear All
I was wondering if there was a procedure to estimate a simultanious
tobit model where the endogenous regressor is also tobit (and censored
at 0). Looking back in the stata archive I have found Dr. Baum's
recent reply of using ivtobit - which implicitly assumes that the
endogenous variable is a continious variable. Further back in 2003 Dr.
Paradis-Beland Link:
provides an outline of exactly what I want to estimate (Simultanious
tobit model with ml, Link: I was
wondering if the new version since then has incorporated a command
that does this automatically. If not is there a user defined code that
does the same (and also capture the 'alpha' to which Dr.
Paradis-Beland refers to).
Greatly appreciate any help in this regard