st: RE: AW: Graph matrix with multiple marker colors

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: AW: Graph matrix with multiple marker colors
Date   Tue, 31 Mar 2009 13:59:57 +0100

As Martin says, -mcolor()- never takes anything other than something
indicating a single colour.

So, either you generate the individual graphs using -scatter- and then
-graph combine-, or you distinguish genders in another way.

Here's another easy solution, if not to your problem:

. sysuse auto, clear
(1978 Automobile Data)

. gen mlbl = cond(foreign == 0, "o", "+")

. graph matrix headroom trunk weight length, ms(none) mla(mlbl)

Martin Weiss

Seems you are out of luck on this one as the -mcolor- option takes a
argument, not a whole vector of them. You could differentiate with the
option, though.

sysuse auto, clear
graph matrix price mpg headroom, by(foreign, note("") style(compact))

Kamyar Baradaran

I need to draw a graph matrix with multiple marker colors. For
example, I want to present males/females by different colors. But the
following does not work:

.graph matrix  x1 x2 x3 x4, mcolor(gendercolor)

I receive:
(note:  named style gendercolor not found in class color, default
attributes used)

How can tell the software that gendercolor is a string variable which
has a color (e.g. black) for males and another for females.