Re: st: Re: using coefficients from model

From   Maarten buis <>
To   stata list <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: using coefficients from model
Date   Mon, 30 Mar 2009 20:53:59 +0000 (GMT)

--- Chris Witte wrote:
> I want to report the regression equation in my manuscript
> so the reader can plug in their independent variable values
> and get the correct estimate.  I thought that calculating
> the difference between the _fracpred_ estimated values and
> the values estimated using the coefficients from the
> _fracpoly_ output would be the fastest way to find the
> "real" constant for reporting purposes.  Is there a better
> (i.e. easier) way?  Am I misunderstanding the process?

Point is that -fracpoly- does not adjust the constant but
the covariates. I would actually report the formulas in
a footnote or an appendix (together with the necessary
describtive statistics of the covariates, that are used
in the formulas). This way your result will become less
of a "black box".

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie