st: RE: st: Comparing coefficients between two samples

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: st: Comparing coefficients between two samples
Date   Mon, 30 Mar 2009 20:14:51 +0100

Another possibility might be to use the -metaparm- module of the -parmest- package, downloadable from SSC. The -metaparm- module can test for differences between corresponding coefficients from the same model fitted to independent samples. A presentation on the -parmest- package, discussing -metaparm-, is downloadable from the UK 2008 Stata User Group meeting page on SSC at
http://ideas.repec.org/p/boc/usug08/07.html

If there are more than two samples, and the user wants to do a chi-squared or F-test of equality, then the -estparm- package can also be downloaded from SSC.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil