Re: st: cox regression alternatives

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: cox regression alternatives
Date   Sun, 29 Mar 2009 15:47:11 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Sun, 29/3/09, moleps islon wrote:
> I'm struggling with a dataset of 90 patients with only
> 10 events and several covariates I'd like to investigate.
> Seeing the recommended number of events for a cox
> regression to be at least 10-what are my  other options
> in investigating this rare tumor except from detailing
> the descriptives and producing a Kaplan Meier plot?

I am afraid that there aren't many options open to you.
There just isn't a lot of information present in your
data, and no technique will ever be able to extract
more information from data than is present in the data.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen