st: Re: SSC Archive help files now available in HTML

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: SSC Archive help files now available in HTML
Date   Sun, 29 Mar 2009 14:13:37 +0200

Is it also possible to replicate the hyperlinks, say in -h ivreg2- under "contents", for the html-version?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kit Baum" <>
To: <>
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2009 2:09 PM
Subject: st: SSC Archive help files now available in HTML

Stas said

Looking up Stata official help files via comes extremely handy at times,
especially when I need to explain functionality of some commands to
non-Stata users, or when I am on somebody else's computer, or when I
do something in a remote terminal. Any way to twist the arms of that
help.cgi script to open help files outside StataCorp website? Of
course I can -view- them just fine from inside Stata, but I want to
find a relatively easy way to access the external help files using
just a standard browser.

Following up this wishlist item, the help-file contents of the SSC Archive (help ssc) are now available in HTML format.

To read the help for -abar- in a browser,  go to

For -egenmore-,

For -ivreg2-,

and so on. These are not produced on the fly, as StataCorp's cgi script does, but are static help files. They will be kept reasonably up to date.

PS> Producing 1,792 help files in HTML format took about 9 lines of ado code and 12 lines of Mata code. Probably could be optimized.

PPS> "y" aren't there any user-written Stata programs starting with "y"? Curious minds want to know...

Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)