st: Stata's help.cgi for external files

From   Stas Kolenikov <>
Subject   st: Stata's help.cgi for external files
Date   Sat, 28 Mar 2009 17:47:53 -0500

Looking up Stata official help files via comes extremely handy at times,
especially when I need to explain functionality of some commands to
non-Stata users, or when I am on somebody else's computer, or when I
do something in a remote terminal. Any way to twist the arms of that
help.cgi script to open help files outside StataCorp website? Of
course I can -view- them just fine from inside Stata, but I want to
find a relatively easy way to access the external help files using
just a standard browser.

Stas Kolenikov, also found at