Re: st: defiing the reference category in multinominal logistic regression

From   "Joao Ricardo F. Lima" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: defiing the reference category in multinominal logistic regression
Date   Sat, 28 Mar 2009 12:39:26 -0300

Dan,

I don´t know if understood your question. However, from the -h mlogit-:

 baseoutcome(#) specifies the value of depvar to be treated as the
base outcome.  The default is to choose the most frequent outcome.

HTH,

Joao Lima

2009/3/28 Dan Waldo <[email protected]>:
> Hello, all ...
>
> I am running Stata10/SE, and am doing a series of multinomial logistic regressions.
>
> It's clear that Stata uses information from the
> char ageg[omit] 3
> instruction (for example) when setting up the explanatory variables. But such is not the case for the dependent variable.
>
> Again for example, the variable flushot is dichotemous with values 1,2 referring to yes,no.
>
> -char flushot[omit] 2
> -xi: svy: mlogit flushot i.adjsmoker i.ageg i.rostsex i.myrace i.my_income i.my_ed i.my_dwell i.placepar , rr
>
> produces a regression in which (flushot==Yes is the base outcome)
>
> -xi: svy: mlogit flushot i.adjsmoker i.ageg i.rostsex i.myrace i.my_income i.my_ed i.my_dwell i.placepar , rr b(2)
>
> produces a regression in which (flushot==No is the base outcome)
>
> Am I out of luck is hoping that Stata will use the default reference category when the variable is used as a dependent variable?
>
> Dan Waldo
>

> *
> *   For searches and help try:

Joao Ricardo Lima, D.Sc.