Re: st: RE: data management question

From   Nikhil Jha <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: data management question
Date   Wed, 25 Mar 2009 13:14:06 -0500

My apologies to all ......

The forval loop was to loop through every observation (189254) because
when I tried earlier to use bys inside of forval, I got error message
which I INCORRECTLY inferred that I could not use by within the loop
(so basically wanted to loop by id and then pick up if any asc =1 and
then generate assc=1 for all of that id).

Appreciate your help. Your code is exactly what was needed.....I am
sure my computer will eventually crank it out!

Thank you also to others who were generous with their time.

Nikhil