st: Spatial lag model with time dimension in STATA

Subject   st: Spatial lag model with time dimension in STATA
Date   Tue, 24 Mar 2009 09:32:26 +0100

I am thinking about the best way to estimate a spatial lag model with a time dimension in STATA. I am considering a 2SLS IV estimation where the instruments are constructed from the independent variables multiplied by the weighting matrix. Another possibility would be to use the spatreg command by Maurizio Pisati. I know that this set of commands is usually used on cross-sections only. But I am wondering what speaks against construction the weighting matrix in a way that it accounts for the time dimension. For instance, if W1 denotes the weighting matrix for year 1 and Wn the weighting matrix for the last year in the sample, than one could construct the following weighting matrix:

This weighting matrix could then be multiplied with the vector of the dependent variable. As far as I understand, such an approach is applied in the paper stated below.

Bruce A. Blonigen1, Ronald B. Davies_, Glen R. Waddell, Helen T. Naughton, FDI in space: Spatial autoregressive relationships in foreign direct investment, European Economic Review 51 (2007) 1303–1325.

Would such an approach be okay?

Best regards

Aufgepasst: Sind Ihre Daten beim Online-Banking auch optimal geschützt?
Jetzt absichern: