RE: st: nlcom, "Maximum number of iterations exceeded."

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   RE: st: nlcom, "Maximum number of iterations exceeded."
Date   Mon, 23 Mar 2009 13:14:12 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 23/3/09, wrote:
> Thanks again for your reply, but I do not think the problem
> I have with nlcom has anything to do with the missing
> standard errors. As the examples below show, slightly
> modifying the nonlinear expression of the marginal effect
> (changing the exponent of _b[/Umi]), and using exactly the
> same parameters as before, produces sensible results.

I think that the problem is that -nlcom- should not have given
you any results when you feed it a wrong model, like a model
with missing values on some standard errors.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen