Re: st: gllamm with complex surveys

Subject   Re: st: gllamm with complex surveys
Date   Sun, 22 Mar 2009 08:58:01 -0500

The central idea of -gllamm- is to integrate out the random effects.
If you don't have latent variables in your model, and all variables
are observed, -gllamm- is not so useful -- in fact it has difficulties
when you try to restrict variances to be zero. With this setting, you
are in the realm of econometric simultaneous equation models estimable
with say -reg3-. However the latter does not support -svy- features
(and in fact -_robust- estimation, which is the principal mechanics
behind -svy-). I think the question of robust standard errors in
-reg3- came up a month or so on statalist though. You may have hope
with a combination of -reg3-, -bs4rw- (by Jeff Pitblado) and
-bsweights- (me) for bootstrap standard errors.