RE: st: nlcom, "Maximum number of iterations exceeded."

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: nlcom, "Maximum number of iterations exceeded."
Date   Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:54:35 +0100

Dear Maarten,

Thanks for your reply, but I do not think this is related to the problem I have with nlcom.   It is true that most probably there is some collinearity issue in the equations I am estimating (these are the output and input demand functions of a Symmetric Normalised Quadratic Profit Function by Diewert and Wales (1987) Econometrica).

The problem I have has to do with nlcom. Even if I modify my equations in different manner I get the same kind of problem.

Cheers,

Mauro

*****

You will probably need to fix your -nlsur- command before
using the -nlcom- command. One thing you might want to
look into is perfect colinearity.