st: RE: nlcom, "Maximum number of iterations exceeded."

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: nlcom, "Maximum number of iterations exceeded."
Date   Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:44:52 -0000

The default for -iterate()- is 100. But most experience with this kind
of procedure is that if 100 is not enough, throwing more cycles at it
very rarely improves matters.

To get better advice, I think you need to increase the information on
precisely what you are trying to do.

I have a problem making nonlinear combinations of parameters using the
command nlcom after estimating a non-linear system of equations.

I receive the message "Maximum number of iterations exceeded.". I have
tried to increase the number of iteration up to 10000, but it did not

Do you have any suggestion?