Re: st: [Graphics] how to set the length of an axis?

From   Antoine Terracol <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: [Graphics] how to set the length of an axis?
Date   Fri, 20 Mar 2009 13:53:04 +0100

Thanks Nick, I'll look into it.

I must confess that I do not really need to reproduce the graph using
Stata, but I was challenged to do it...

Antoine

Nick Cox wrote:
> The key to this is that you can emulate -graph box- with -graph twoway
> rbar-. There is code in -stripplot- from SSC that gets you most of the
> way. Also, note that -egenmore- from SSC contains -egen- functions for
> so-called adjacent values.
>
> I am never concerned about being able to mimic the graphs of another
> program _exactly_. Either Stata just can't do something adequately (3-D
> graphics, mathematics in titles, etc.) or it can do something about as
> good or better.
>
> Nick
> [email protected]
>
> Antoine Terracol
>
> I wonder now if such a simple solution would also be available for the
> upper part of the R graph, since -graph box- is not a twoway type and,
> as I understand it, cannot be overlayed with another -twoway- graph...

Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.