st: RE: RE: funny results with -cluster- in -somersd-

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: funny results with -cluster- in -somersd-
Date   Thu, 19 Mar 2009 19:20:46 +0000

Sorry, I forgot to stress that the equation numbers (9) to (15) of Newson (2006) are from the pre-publication draft. In the Stata Journal article, they are Equations (5) to (9), including some non-numbered equations.

In general, I tend to follow a policy of numbering all displayed equations, so I can refer to them in later documents (as here). The Stata Journal policy appears to be only to number equations referred to in the same article. This makes the article more neat by reducing the number of equation numbers, but makes it less easy to refer to un-numbered equations in future communications.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil
Lecturer in Medical Statistics