st: normal distributions

From   Rodrigo Briceño <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: normal distributions
Date   Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:13:26 -0600

Dear all. Thanks for providing me some useful references for making tables.
I would like to know if there is a function similar to this that I
found in R: norm <- rnorm(100, 2, 5)
The trick is to generate a variable that contains 100 values with are
normal distributed with mean 2 and stdev 5.

I found that rnormal is a function in Stata, but I am not sure about
the way to write the sintax to produce that outcome. I tried with:
generate rn=rnormal (0,9) but a message telling me rnormal is not
found appeared.

I looked into FAQ but there are no related issues...

Thanks!

--
Rodrigo Briceño
Economist