Re: st: Bootstrap after xtregar

From   Helene Ehrhart <>
Subject   Re: st: Bootstrap after xtregar
Date   Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:08:24 +0100

Thank you Martin for your answer.
Since I saw that it is possible to use bootstrap after xtregar, I tried again with my database changing options. In fact with the default values for reps and size, it tells me that I don't have enough observations.

I have 255 observations so the bootstrap run when I specify :

bs, reps(250) size(40): xtregar equation, re

Since it then use a sample of only 40 observations, I am not sure that the results will be very reliable.. but at least I get bootstraped standard errors. Is there a kind of critical value on the minimal sample size that we should use in order to be sure that our results are fine?

Helene Ehrhart.
CERDI, France.

Quoting Martin Weiss <>:

Just try