st: "revise" variables in varlist after --reshape--

From   Mandy fu <>
Subject   st: "revise" variables in varlist after --reshape--
Date   Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:17:02 -0500

Hi all,

After reshape the data from wide into long, I find I forgot to include
some variables in the varlist in the --reshape long--command.
The following command is what I used:
. reshape long var1-var3, i(id) j(year)
Then I realized I should include two more variables:
.. reshape long var1-var5, i(id) j(year)
To fix this problem, I know I could go back to the original wide data
set and reshape again from the very beginning adding the variables I
forgot . But if I have done a lot of steps on the reshaped long data
already, this method means I have to redo all  those again.  I wonder
if there' s any better way to "revise" the reshape command in this

Thanks in advance!