st: RE: no STATA answer: should I wait or is it a bug?

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: no STATA answer: should I wait or is it a bug?
Date   Wed, 18 Mar 2009 08:42:37 -0700

One possibility to start with would be to tab choice siren to see what
the sample sizes within the groups.  I think someone suggested that
there may be colinearity

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: 541-737-3832
FAX: 541-737-4001

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
[email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 4:33 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: no STATA answer: should I wait or is it a bug?

Hello,

I have a big dataset of 149954 observations and roughly 40 var. I ran a
conditional logit and I think my dataset and my command are ok. The
answer
of STATA is this one:

******
. clogit choice pays lntax lnGDP, group(siren)
note: multiple positive outcomes within groups encountered.
note: 3 groups (177 obs) dropped because of all positive or
      all negative outcomes.
********
(in black or green), and I don't have anything else after 15 minutes. Is
it a bug if Stata because of too little memory or should I wait and see?

Thank you very much for help,

Isabelle