st: fractional logit convergence problem

From   Jochen Späth <>
To   <>
Subject   st: fractional logit convergence problem
Date   Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:51:09 +0100

Dear statalisters,

I try to fit a fractional logit model with
-glm depvar indepvars, family(binomial) link(logit) scale(x2)-, which uses Quasi-ML for the estimation. My dependent variable is the share of high-qualified employees within a firm and my dependent variables include both industry and time dummies, firm size, and a dummy variable indicating whether the firm is a start-up or an incumbent.
My problem now is that the command does not converge. What can I do? Would it help to try alternative optimization routines? Or change the distributional assumption in -family()-?

Any comment is highly appreciated,