Re: st: Multilevel modelling of survival data

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Multilevel modelling of survival data
Date   Mon, 16 Mar 2009 09:38:43 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 16/3/09, Justin B Echouffo Tcheugui wrote:
> I am trying to assess the effect of a preventive
> intervention on mortality data in a cluster randomised
> trial. The randomisation units were clinics in which my
> patients are nested.  I am trying to assess the efcct
> of the intervention on mortality.

-stcox- has already some multilevel models built-in in
the form of the -shared()- option. To estimate such a
model you can type:

xi: stcox  i.randomgroup, shared(clinic)

There is a good discussion of this option in:
Mario Cleves, William Gould, Roberto Gutierrez, and
Yulia Marchenko (2008) "An Introduction to Survival
Analysis using Stata". College Station: Stata Press.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen