st: -xtgls- and memory problems

From   Christian Bustamante <>
Subject   st: -xtgls- and memory problems
Date   Sun, 15 Mar 2009 15:08:51 -0500

Hi Statalisters

I have a problem when I tried to run -xtgls- Stata saids:

insufficient memory for temporary matrix
   You need to increase the size of memory; see help memory.

In a previous ocassion I ran the same command in the same laptop, I
don't kwon what happens. Also, after I could assign more than 1gb to
memory (I have 3gb of RAM), but now I can only assing 500mb.... what's
going on?

Ps. I didn't do a "real" partition. The c drive is unaltered, I only
made a virtual partition to run Ubuntu in a dual boot laptop.