RE: st: RE: Return r(111) this time

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Return r(111) this time
Date   Sun, 15 Mar 2009 19:14:39 -0000

``lnpe' or `lne'' can not be legal. As in ordinary language, single quotes must be in matching pairs.

First, I corrected all the typo.

Then I changed constant item 5 to a0 in the first equation. I setted
constant item a0 as a strating value 5 in my previous codes, because
they did so in the example. Now I decide to scalar a new coef. a0. Is
that ok? Or I need to set the constant item at other starting value?

Second, I typed -set trace on- before running the stuff. Here's the
error record:

}
-------------------------------------------------------------- end
nlsurwellbehav	---
- }
- if _rc {
- di as error "nlsur`eqn' returned " _rc
= di as error "nlsurwellbehav returned " _rc
nlsurwellbehav returned 111
- di as error "verify that nlsur`eqn' is a function evaluator program"
= di as error "verify that nlsurwellbehav is a function evaluator program"
verify that nlsurwellbehav is a function evaluator program
- exit _rc
}
}
---------------------------------------------------------------- end
nlsur.Estimate	---
end nlsur	---
r(111);

I am thinking there maybe another kind of errors in my codes. Say
there's two items in my equation:   a*lne   and   b*lne*lne. I think I
should define them as:

replace `lnc'=`a'*`lne'+`b'*``lnpe'*`lne''

In my previous codes I defined them as:

`lnc'=`a'*`lne'+`b'*`lnpe'*`lne'

Does it cause the r(111)?