RE: st: Panel with minimum observations

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Panel with minimum observations
Date   Sun, 15 Mar 2009 16:37:40 -0000

-egen- is a slip here for -gen-. But you could do this without any new variables at all.

bysort myid : drop if _N <= 2

That said, I support Joseph's last paragraph strongly.

Joseph McDonnell

. sort myid
. by myid: egen myN=_N
. drop if myN<=2

Of course, dropping is quite a severe step. You might prefer to use
one of the 'mark' commands or just use the 'if' qualifier.

Christian Bustamante