Re: st: re: retruned r(198) in nlsur

Subject   Re: st: re: retruned r(198) in nlsur
Date   Sat, 14 Mar 2009 00:37:22 -0400

Hi Kit,

Thanks! I just corrected all the left ticks. However, it returned r(111) this time.

r(111) consist of several kinds of error. I have no idea which one is in my case.

Quoting Kit Baum <>:

JJC said

         scalar 'al'='at'[1,1]
         scalar 'ak'='at'[1,2]
         scalar 'am'='at'[1,3]
         scalar 'ae'= 1-'al'-'ak'-'am'

and wonders what might be wrong. These references (and all throughout
the program) must dereference macros with the left tick (accent grave)
on the left, e.g.

         scalar `al' = `at'[1,1]
         scalar `ak' = `at'[1,2]
         scalar `am' = `at'[1,3]
         scalar `ae' = 1-`al'-`ak'-`am'

Unless the left ticks have been changed to apostrophes (') by the email
program, they are invalid syntax.

Kit Baum   |   Boston College Economics and DIW Berlin   |
An Introduction to Stata Programming   |
An Introduction to Modern Econometrics Using Stata   |