Re: st: nonconvergence of switching probit when data weighted

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: nonconvergence of switching probit when data weighted
Date   Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:31:46 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Thu, 12/3/09, Paula Albuquerque wrote:
> I am trying to estimate a switching probit using movestay.
> It converges with the unweighted data, but it is not
> correct to use unweighted data. When I try to do the same
> with the weighted data, and using different estimation
> techniques, either I obtain a non-convergence diagnostic or
> one of the rho’s comes out as a 1, which I suppose has the
> same meaning.
>  I would really appreciate a suggestion on what I should
> try or look for!

One thing that jumps to mind is that you that there may be
something wrong with your weights. Try typing:
-sum weight, detail- (where weight needs to be replaced with
the variable name of your weight variable), and see if you
have any negative weights or if there are some exceptionally
high weights.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie