st: AW: hlm utility in Stata10

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: hlm utility in Stata10
Date   Wed, 11 Mar 2009 16:31:11 +0100

Have you studied this page: ?

You may also want to specify your operating system to facilitate answers
(sometimes the answer to this kind of question lies in administrative rights
issues etc...)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Grigore
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 11. März 2009 16:27
Betreff: st: hlm utility in Stata10

I was wondering if you'd be kind enough to post the following question on

"I have been trying to run Sean Reardon's hlm utility in Stata 10, and even
though I have successfully installed HLM 6.0 and the hlm module, and set the
path name, I keep getting an error message in Stata saying "file HLM2MDM.STS
not found" and in a separate window another message that HLM does not
recognize my version of Stata. When running the mkmdm command, Stata creates
a new .dta file, as well as a .mdmt and a .mdmvars file but not a .mdm file.

Does anyone have an idea what could be going on? Does hlm only run with
Stata 8.2 but not later versions? Or am I doing something wrong?

Grigore Pop-Eleches
Politics Dep't - Princeton University