Re: st: Unknown number in constraints

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Unknown number in constraints
Date   Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:43:45 -0400

Thanks Maarten,

So you mean use -nl to treat all those a system of nonlinear equations, don't you?

I forgot to tell you that what I am donig is seemingly unrelated regression (-sureg-). Does it affect the -nl- method?

For example, there are total 4 functions (1 cost functions together with 3 cost share equations), 5 normal constraints and 2 constrains with the unknown numbers. Then I can get all the parameters and unknown numbers by solving the 11 equations system like following:

    f1(a1,...,an) = 0
    f2(a1,...,an) = 0
    .
    .