st: AW: Check that recode work

Subject   st: AW: Check that recode work
Date   Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:08:13 +0100

<>

****
by Z sort: ta A B
****

You may also like -egen, group()-

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Tomas Lind
Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. März 2009 13:58
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: Check that recode work

Dear listers,

I would like to see the value of Z for combinations of A and B  (or for
combinations of A, B and C). Missing should be regarded as a category.

I have a large dataset and I generate a new variable Z that depends on the
values of two other category variables A and B. Is there some easy way to
let Stata show me which combinations of A, B and Z that i have after
recoding so that I can see that the result is what I want, e.g.

A  B  Z
1  1   1
1  2   1
1  .    0