RE: AW: st: Weibull

From   Muhammad Riaz <>
Subject   RE: AW: st: Weibull
Date   Mon, 9 Mar 2009 05:28:40 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I will stop adding more on this topic as it is going to be an issue now.
my aim was just to help, I don't remember who else has provided another method to generate data from weibull. It will help Nikolao if somebody could tell him how to use -rnd- instead -simulate- in his problem. Also comparison of  the two methods will give better understanding of the topic if somebody else has thrown another method.
I welcome and appreciate your comments.

--- On Sun, 3/8/09, Nick Cox <> wrote:

From: Nick Cox <>
Subject: RE: AW: st: Weibull
Date: Sunday, March 8, 2009, 11:39 PM

Indeed; that is what he said, and I do not know why, as my impression is
that people have already told him, as I said before.

Martin Weiss

Well, Nikolaos came back saying " I would like to generate weibull data
different parameters  and redo the above tests, and finally graph them."
I thought I should tell him what I would do in his situation...

Nick Cox

This is going round in circles.

The thread has already thrown up at least two ways to generate Weibull
deviates. I suppose there's some comfort in knowing that you could do it
a third way.

Martin Weiss

Also note -ssc desc rnd-. This package has only partially been
rendered obsolete by the addtion of new random number functions in Stata

*   For searches and help try: