Re: st: Tabout

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Tabout
Date   Mon, 9 Mar 2009 09:14:48 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Sat, 7/3/09, David Airey wrote:
> Why does it say t statistics in parentheses, whereas they
> were z statistics?

I think that the label "t" is used everywhere in -estout-,
regardless of whether it is a t or a z statitic.

If I where to fix this, then conceptually I would do
something like this: report the local `t', which has been
filled earlier by the code below:

if "`e(df_r)'" == "" {
    local t = "z"
else {
    local t = "t"

But this is Ben's program, and he has already done a great
job, and I can't oversee how this would play with the rest
of the code of -estout-.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie