st: RE: Generating a new variable....tricky question?

From   Jeetendra Aryal <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Generating a new variable....tricky question?
Date   Fri, 6 Mar 2009 12:11:33 +0100

If I have understood what you really want, try this!!

.sort country
.by country: gen gdp_y1=GDP[1]
.gen FDIgdp_y1= FDI*gdp_y1

hope it helps.

Jeetendra Prakash Aryal
Research Fellow
Department of Economics and Resource Management,
Norwegian University of Life Sciences (UMB)
P.B. 5003, N-1432, Aas
Norway