st: AW: linepattern/msymbol in Kaplan-Meier graph?

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: linepattern/msymbol in Kaplan-Meier graph?
Date   Tue, 3 Mar 2009 17:03:02 +0100

Well, I am not much of a survival analysis guy, so here is my suggestion:
find a way to capture the data being plotted in an -sts graph-, and plot
them using -twoway (line studytime y, connect(stairstep))-. I think you
could generate the data  with -sts generate-, but you need to take it from
here yourself, or maybe someone else knows how to do this :-)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von jmpsouza
Gesendet: Dienstag, 3. März 2009 16:19
Betreff: st: linepattern/msymbol in Kaplan-Meier graph?

Dear statalisters:
My Kaplan-Meier graph does not distinguish well between  the  lines when
transposed to publication, using the allowed combinations of lines, dashes
and dots. Is there some alternative, like in twoway graphs, using mark
Thank you.
José Maria

Jose Maria Pacheco de Souza, Professor Titular (aposentado)
Departamento de Epidemiologia/Faculdade de Saude Publica, USP
Av. Dr. Arnaldo, 715
01246-904  -  S. Paulo/SP - Brasil
fones (11)3061-7747; (11)3768-8612
fax (11)3714-2403