st: AW: Count data and endogeneity

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: Count data and endogeneity
Date   Tue, 3 Mar 2009 09:06:34 +0100

How about

ssc d ivpois

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [] Im Auftrag von Meherun Ahmed
Gesendet: Dienstag, 3. März 2009 06:47
An: .
Betreff: st: Count data and endogeneity

Hello. My dependent variable is count data. My explanatory variable is continuous. I have an unbalanced panel.
I was running xtnbreg with fe to correct for country specific time invariant omitted variables. Now I have reason to believe that even after fe, the independent variable may be endogenous due to simultaneously. Is it possible to instrument my endogenous continuous explanatory variable where the dependent variable is count? Is there any user written command I can use?
Thanks and regards,

Meherun Ahmed
Assistant Professor
Department of Economics