Re: st: handling missing values

From   Jeph Herrin <>
Subject   Re: st: handling missing values
Date   Mon, 02 Mar 2009 15:37:38 -0500

I would normally create a new response category for question 2,
NA (not applicable), which is true if question 1 does not equal "yes".
You don't say how your variables are encoded (as strings or numbers -
numbers are better but that's a different question); if as strings

   replace q2 = "NA"  if q1!="yes"