Re: AW: st: RE: AW: how to reconstruct a minimum acceptable income from a set of binary variables?

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: AW: st: RE: AW: how to reconstruct a minimum acceptable income from a set of binary variables?
Date   Mon, 02 Mar 2009 11:38:14 -0500

"Faux" is French for "false"; in English (we are notorious for
borrowing and then misusing) it usually means an "imitation" of
something. It can have a negative connotation, but not always,
and here I certainly didn't mean it so. We all often concoct "faux" datasets on this list, and yours are some of the best.

I agree, I should have looked more closely at the original post.

cheers!
Jeph

Martin Weiss wrote:
<>
English is not my mother tongue, so I do not know what to make of this
"faux" (neither does my dictionary). Ekaterina`s dataset in her initial post
was not legible to me so I tried to emulate it. I cannot vouch for
correctness or whether I understood the poster`s intent entirely. Replies
should always be in reference to the original post, not to what someone made
of it...

HTH
Martin