AW: st: AW: LSDV vs. FE

Subject   AW: st: AW: LSDV vs. FE
Date   Sat, 28 Feb 2009 17:29:18 +0100

<>

The same goes for the twoway FE in chapter 9.1.2

*************
u http://www.stata-press.com/data/imeus/traffic, clear

* 2 way FE

 quietly{
 tabulate year, generate(yr)
local j 0
forvalues i=82/87 {
	local ++j
	rename yr`j' yr`i'
	quietly replace yr`i' = yr`i' - yr7
	}
drop yr7
xtreg fatal beertax spircons unrate perincK yr*, fe
estimates store fe

* 2 sets of dummies

xi: reg fatal i.year i.state beertax spircons unrate perincK
estimates store dummy
}

testparm _Ist*

estimates table fe dummy, style(oneline)

HTH
Martin