Fwd: st: Fwd: question about listtex

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Fwd: st: Fwd: question about listtex
Date   Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:24:49 +0000

>> From: DENTAN <>
>> Date: February 26, 2009 5:57:47 AM EST
>> Cc:,
>> Subject: question about Stata
>> I wish to obtain numerous tables as the joined table.
>> These tables vary in function of sexe or age, etc ..
>> The numbers of the tables (VP, FP, FN, VPP, Sensibilite) are numbers which
>> are in one or different colums (=variable) of a stata file.dta.
>> As the presentation of the table is "not regular", I can not find how to
>> do to inser the numbers directly in the table.
>> Could you tell me if there is a Stata function ("listtex" or another
>> function) with which we can :
>> - built the empty table
>> - and say for each case (ex:VP) "insert the number of the variable X of
>> the file.dta" (with condition : for exemple if sexe=1)
I'm having trouble understanding exactly what you are trying to
achieve, but I suspect what you're probably after can be achieved
using -tabout- authored by Ian Watson.

For more information and to install..

ssc desc tabout
ssc install tabout

I would highly recommend reading through the PDF tutorial that
accompanies the distribution.

"The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does
not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body
of data." ~ John Tukey

Email -
Website -
Photos -