RE: st: AW: double hurdle model with Tobit second stage estimation

From   "Erickson, Ken" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: AW: double hurdle model with Tobit second stage estimation
Date   Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:59:29 -0500

Hi David and 'Statalisters',

My colleague Mike just suggested this:

...Ken,

Can you send my response to him?

You need to use a drop statement   drop if <var> == 0

Do this before the second stage...

See "From the help desk: hurdle models," The Stata Journal, 2003, 3, Number 2, pp.178-184.

Hope this helps!
Ken Erickson