st: Identifying coherent periods of events with irregular reoccurrence from a time sequence

From   "Jakob Petersen" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Identifying coherent periods of events with irregular reoccurrence from a time sequence
Date   Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:02:06 -0000 (GMT)

Statalisters,

I have a problem identifying compliant vs. non-compliant periods in
patients? prescription history. I assume that this type of problems is
known from other areas with temporal sequences (climate, transactional,
reoffending, etc.).

How would it be possible to flag and number a) coherent periods of
prescriptions; b) gaps; c) beginning dates; and d) end dates to each
period?

Example (with two clearly separated periods):

order	day
1	0
2	29
3	57
4	89
5	114
6	293
7	309
8	342
9	363
10	407
11	434
12	461

Any advice or suggestions will be much appreciated.
Jakob Petersen