st: RE: RE: question about histograms

From   philippe van kerm <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: question about histograms
Date   Tue, 24 Feb 2009 14:37:39 +0100

I'm assuming a Windows environment. If you have 'administrator' rights to the server directory where Stata is installed, you can also manually rename 'wsestata.exe' (or the relevant alternative such as wmpstata.exe, etc.) to 'wsestata.exe.old' and rename 'wsestata.bin' (which should have been downloaded after an update _all) to 'wsestata.exe'.

I found that this often succeeds when -update swap- fails as you describe (don't ask me why).

Philippe