Re: st: statweave

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: statweave
Date   Mon, 23 Feb 2009 07:27:38 -0600

.

From the developer's page, which makes little sense to me as to why there is no direct support on the Mac, as the format of the graph can be PDF or EPS, which is what is required for LaTeX. I guess he is talking about OpenOffice.

Stata:
-----
* Available graphics formats are platform-dependent:
    Linux: EPS only
    Mac: PDF and EPS
    Windows: PNG and EPS
Thus, except on Windows, Stata graphics are NOT directly supported
for ODT source/target files, because ODT does not support EPS or PDF.
For the same reason, for a LaTeX source file, you can't directly get
graphics when the target is PDF.  One way to work around this is to
configure appropriate graphics-format converters (Manual Section 6.4).
For Linux LaTeX with a PDF target, an alternative is to make the DVI
target, then convert that to PDF using dvipdf, dvipdfm, or similar.