Re: st: clustered SE for reg3

From   Vera Troeger <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: clustered SE for reg3
Date   Sun, 22 Feb 2009 22:13:32 +0000

a follow up:

what do you mean by the scores are just the residuals times instruments? can you clarify?
do you know how to compute scores for reg3?
many thanks.
V.

Stas Kolenikov schrieb:
Given the heavily matrix-oriented character of the problem, you might
want to program it up in Mata if you have the formulas handy. Of
course -mataccum- does wonders at times -- James Hardin's explanation
of Murphy-Topel standard errors using straight Stata was wonderful.

For what I understand, the scores should be products of residuals
times instruments. May be you can produce these and inject them into
-_robust-.

As with many "obviously good" extensions not available in Stata, you
would need to ask yourself a question, "Are there any conceptual
limitations to this technique? May be there is something odd about it,
so Stata folks have given it a thought and decided it would not be
appropriate to code it since the results are going to be misleading".
That's what the issue is with many "obvious" things that turn out to
be straight wrong. I don't see why -cluster- option should be wrong
for -reg3- though.

May be you can fool -ivreg2- or -xtivreg2- into your data structure? I
am just thinking aloud here.