st: re: generating graph

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: re: generating graph
Date   Sat, 21 Feb 2009 14:39:03 -0500

Galina wrote

I wondered if someone would be able to tell me how to generate a graph showing the output function of the fracpoly command plotted on the same graph (ideally) as a lowess least residuals smooth? Alternatively, a separate graph but plotted on the same axes would be ok.

I have never used this command, but just winging through the online help for -fracploy- and -fracpoly postestimation- seems to be pretty useful:

webuse auto
fracpoly regress price mpg
fracplot, addplot(lowess price mpg)