Re: st: AW: Weighted Least Squares - wls0

From   Philip Ender <>
Subject   Re: st: AW: Weighted Least Squares - wls0
Date   Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:20:02 -0800

I'm afraid that I'm the author of -wls0- and therefore have to claim
responsibility for all of the errors and deficiencies.  The program
was developed for use in a regression course and was only applied to
classroom examples.  There were some bug fixes in 2004 and 2005 but
original program was developed when I was fairly new to Stata
programming.  These are not good excuses but a partial explanation as
to why there has been no ongoing development of the program.

There are no current plans to improve -wls0- so if anyone has an
interest in the topic they are welcome to use all or any of my code
(although it may be better to rewrite the whole thing from scratch).

Phil Ender
Statistical Consulting Group
UCLA  Academic Technology Services