Re: st: AW: Weighted Least Squares - wls0

From   Eva Poen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: AW: Weighted Least Squares - wls0
Date   Fri, 20 Feb 2009 13:14:59 +0000

Phil,

it looks like with the option e2 or abse, the resulting weights can be
negative. -wls0- uses analytic weights (aw) for the weighted
estimation; these cannot be negative, since the variance of each
observation is assumed to be sigma^2/weight, and variances cannot be
negative. Stata therefore runs the regression only for observations
which have a positive weight.

I suggest you take a look at the code of -wls0- to see if you agree
with how the weights are calculated.

HTH,
Eva