st: RE: Problem accessing SSC new

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Problem accessing SSC new
Date   Wed, 18 Feb 2009 12:03:27 -0000

-ssc- failed to erase an existing ssc_results.smcl.

Hence I guess at some problem with permissions in that directory. But I
don't know how the existing file got there.

Bob Fitzgerald

I recently acquired a new Windows machine running 64 bit Vista
Business and have the following problem:

When I try to use -ssc new, I receive the following error message:

. ssc new
(contacting http://repec.org)
file ssc_results.smcl already exists
r(602);

I have tried to use the -saving option with -replace as follows to
no avail:

. ssc new, sav(ssc_results.smcl, replace)
(contacting http://repec.org)
file ssc_results.smcl already exists
r(602);

I also tried deleting the version  of ssc_results.smcl in the Stata
program directory, but this, too, failed:

. ssc new
(contacting http://repec.org)
file ssc_results.smcl could not be opened
r(603);

Suggestions for fixing this appreciated.